A Note of Gratitude and Hope
While I witness the miracle of surrogacy week in and week out, it’s in moments like these that I am truly staggered by the bravery of the women we partner with as gestational carriers. I can not let this moment pass without expressing my heartfelt gratitude.
To each and every gestational carrier, I say “Thank You.”
- Thank you for not only safeguarding and caring for your own family during this health crisis, but also the future family you are growing inside of you.
- Thank you for being a safe shelter for that precious life in these uncertain times.
- Thank you for offering your whole self – mind, body, and spirit – to give someone else the gift of parenthood.
- Thank you for your selflessness. Your compassion. Your courage.
- Thank you for being strong in the face of adversity. For pursuing your calling despite the many physical and emotional hurdles along this journey.
Know that your sacrifices are not going unnoticed.
And to our intended parents, my thoughts are also with you.
Your journey to parenthood has not been easy – but your resilience and persistence to overcome any obstacle has brought you this far, and that tenacious spirit will carry you through this as well.
- For intended parents who had their transfers postponed or cycles cancelled, I share in your disappointment. But know this is not the end of your journey. Your baby is waiting for you, and your team is ready to push forward once the times comes.
- For intended parents who are mid-journey, with your baby growing in a gestational carrier’s womb far from home, I send you strength and peace. As you shelter in your homes, know that your gestational carrier is that same safe shelter for your baby. Until your baby is in your arms, know they are being shielded from harm and cradled with care.
To all our gestational carriers, donors, and intended parents – we are with you every step of this journey.
With a grateful and hopeful heart,
Eloise Drane, CEO, Family Inceptions