When you look at your children, do you ever feel your heart break for those who can't have children? Have you wished there was a way you could help?
If so, becoming a surrogate mother might be for you. Taking the step to start the surrogate process is an exciting time that can change your life, your family's lives, and the lives of the future parents.
The process of surrogacy, though, isn't one that should be taken lightly — working with an agency can make the entire experience a fulfilling, heartwarming time for everyone involved.
Why Should I Become a Surrogate?
Before beginning the process, it's important to take time and reflect on what surrogacy means for you and your family. Most gestational carriers have found two significant benefits to becoming a surrogate.
- Additional income for their family: Many surrogates have been able to provide extra financial support for their families. If you become a surrogate, your selfless acts will be fairly compensated for the time and sacrifice you made to help another family grow.
- The reward of knowing you've made a family's dreams come true: Becoming a surrogate is about more than the money. It's a way to directly help a family experiencing the physical and emotional hardship of being unable to conceive a child.
If you've already had children, you know that you can't put a price on the joy and fulfillment of becoming a parent. When you take the step to become a surrogate, you'll be bringing that same joy to another family.
Your 3-Step Guide to Becoming a Surrogate: A Surrogate's Point-of-View
- Discuss the process with your family: To truly make the experience a pleasurable one for all involved, discuss the surrogacy with your family. Your spouse or partner is an important team member, and you'll have to work together to explain the process to your own children. Your body will be going through many changes, with the end goal of helping another family, and your family needs to be involved.
- Work with a quality agency that cares about you: An agency should have a team dedicated to helping you through the demands and stresses of becoming a surrogate. While you'll have to fill out applications and undergo physical and mental evaluations, a quality agency will be there to help you understand and support you at every step.
- Allow the agency to match you with intended parents: Once you've been approved, your profile will be shared with prospective parents. You'll have time to get to know each other and develop a relationship that will guide everyone through the journey.
If you're interested in becoming a surrogate, contact us today. Family Inceptions has become the leading surrogacy agency in Atlanta because everyone understands the emotional, spiritual, and physical demands of your selfless decision to become a surrogate mother.