On this episode of Fertility Cafe, Eloise gets to talk to Lori Metz who is a licensed Clinical Social Work/Therapist and certified case manager. She works with individuals, couples, and families and specializes in relationships and fertility.
She is the creator of I Dreamed of You: The Story of an Egg Donor Baby a children’s book about egg donation written for a young audience to introduce the essential conversation of honest and honored origins and has her own podcast, LOVE: 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝐼𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡, 𝐹𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦, 𝐸𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒s. Lori is also the originator of the “Ask Initiative” a mission and petition which aims to improve health outcomes and normalize third-party reproduction by including such options on medical intake forms under family history.
This episode, Eloise and Lori talk about:
- How fertility and family planning are associated with mental health
- What an infertility diagnosis can do to the marriage of a couple
- Increasing awareness for medical institutions to become more inclusive
- What shifts and changes we can expect to see in society
- Learn more about our Guest: Lori Metz’s podcast: Life, Lori on Instagram
- Please sign the Support Third-Party Family Building petition: change.org/thirdpartyreproduction
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: Us Surrogacy Map
- On the blog: A Beginner’s Guide to Fertility Acronyms
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be honored if you took the time to rate and review our podcast! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!