In this episode of Fertility Café, Eloise gets to talk with Dr. Tia Jackson-Bey to discuss disparities in fertility care in minority populations.
There are particular barriers to caring for and noticeably poor treatment outcomes for black and brown women. We’re highlighting health disparities that prevent family building through fertility, diagnostics, gynecological surgery, fertility preservation, egg, sperm, and embryo freezing, and infertility treatments like Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) for minorities. They’ll be discussing the importance of reproductive justice and increasing access to fertility care for all.
Dr. Tia Jackson-Bey is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist and board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist who cares for patients at RMA of New York’s Brooklyn office. Her professional interests include physician-patient education, IVF outcome improvement, global public health, and mentoring unrepresented college and medical students on careers in medicine.
Dr. Jackson Bay is passionate about reproductive justice and increasing access to fertility care for all. She was recently appointed a member of the newly formed ASRM Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force which will enhance opportunities and reproductive medicine for underrepresented minority populations and reduce health disparities in access to care. She is a talented surgeon and dedicated fertility expert who was focused on fertility preservation, IVF success, and great outcomes for her patients.
In this episode, Eloise and Tia talk about:
- The biggest barriers that certain communities face in regards to fertility care
- The importance of getting help and asking questions even early in your fertility journey
- How the US deals with health disparities compared to other countries
- Being able to find the right providers who will help you reach your goals
- Follow Tia on Instagram
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: Us Surrogacy Map
- On the blog: A Beginner’s Guide to Fertility Acronyms
- On the podcast: Ep 35 | Infertility Epidemic
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be honored if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”