Families come in all shapes and sizes these days. The notion of a “traditional” family makeup with a mom, dad, and 2.2 children is becoming the exception rather than the rule. In today’s episode, host Eloise Drane takes a look at what it takes to navigate fertility when you don’t quite fit the mold of what society thinks a traditional family should look like.
How can third-party reproduction help single intended parents? LGBTQ+ intended parents? Intended parents who are of an advanced age, 50 or older? HIV+ people who wish to become parents? Viable pathways exist for each of these unique populations, and today we’ll talk about the ins and outs of each.
Eloise covers topics such as:
- Why more and more people are choosing single parenthood, and how donor eggs and sperm + third-party reproduction makes it possible
- Fertility and health insurance coverage discrimination – how the current system is stacked against single and LGTBQ+ people
- What to expect as an LGBTQ+ intended parent – from donor selection to surrogacy and beyond
- What fertility looks like for an intended parent age 50 or older – the biases and challenges they may encounter and how to overcome
- The unique challenges faced by intended parents living with HIV – a look into the incredible medical advances that exist today, allowing safe and healthy fertility journeys to occur
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: Reciprocal IVF: Creating Families For LGBTQ Couples
- On the blog: Egg Donors & Surrogates For LGBTQ Couples | Family Inceptions
- Financial Resources: Fertility and Family Building Grants and Financial Assistance Programs
- Men Having Babies
- Family Equality
- Gays With Kids
- Single Mothers by Choice
- Solo Parent Society
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be honored if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”