On this episode of Fertility Café, Eloise gets to talk to Anna Flores Locke about her experience with embryo donation and her journey of infertility as a Latina woman. Anna struggled for years with infertility in isolation and heartbreak, not knowing where to turn.
Since her experience, thankfully, many changes have been made to provide women with counseling and support to assist them in the process of fertility treatment and embryo donation in particular.
We hope this conversation provides education, emotional support, and a sense of community for the women who are walking in her shoes and are feeling alone on their fertility journey.
In this episode, Eloise and Anna talk about:
- What it was like to experience infertility as a Latina woman and how her community responded to her story
- The grieving process that can happen during embryo donation
- Why proper education and counseling is so crucial to those going through an infertility journey
- The biggest takeaway Anna wants others who are experiencing infertility to know
- Anna on Facebook
- Anna on Instagram
- Anna’s book Body Betrayal: Understanding and Living with Infertility is available on her website and on Amazon. https://www.charlandra.com/shop
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: Us Surrogacy Map
- On the blog: A Beginner’s Guide to Fertility Acronyms
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be honored if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”