In this episode, I interview podcast host and Intended Parent Carnell Roberts. Carnell shares what the family-building journey was like for him and his husband, Gavin. He talks about the mindset that enabled them to jump through all the emotional and financial hoops to finally get their baby girl. He shares about his surrogate and the special bond they formed with her. We also touch on aspects of the IP journey that are different for a same-sex couple.
Carnell is a medical speech-language pathologist and the host of the podcast Going Through Something with Carnell Roberts. He lives in Atlanta with his husband and their bernedoodle, Swift (Carnell is a huge Taylor Swift fan). He is a new dad to a beautiful baby girl who shares the same birthday with Eloise.
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- On the blog: LGBT Surrogacy – Learning Your Options In Achieving Parenthood
- On the blog: 9 Important Questions To Ask A Surrogacy Agency
- On the podcast: Ep 57 | IP: Single, LGBTQIA+, over 50, HIV+ Parents
- On the podcast: Ep 51 | When It Takes A Village To Start A Family
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be so grateful if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”