Egg donation is not a new technique. The success rate for pregnancies from donor eggs has increased dramatically over the years, with 55% of all embryo transfers using donor eggs results in a successful pregnancy. But how do you go about choosing an egg donor? In this episode, we’ll cover the qualities you should look for when searching for a donor, pros and cons to the various methods of finding a donor, and even the most common fears we hear from intended parents as they weigh their decisions.
In this episode:
- Eloise reviews the basics of egg donation – who needs to utilize donor eggs and a high-level overview of the process
Is egg donation the right option for you?
- Eloise talks through the emotional parts of utilizing donor eggs to start your family
- Anonymity is a thing of the past thanks to online genetic testing and DNA websites… so how should this effect your decision in choosing a donor?
- Eloise reviews the available options for locating an egg donor
- Nurture vs. nature: what qualities really matter in your egg donor?
- What type of legal contracts must be in place to secure your parental rights?
- The cost of egg donation in the year 2020