Angela R. Bethea-Walsh, Ph.D. is a Licensed Psychologist. She is the owner of Bethea Consulting and Psychological Services, P.C., a private practice located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Bethea-Walsh talks about the psychological evaluations and mental health consultations which kick off a surrogacy journey. Both intended parents and surrogate candidates often feel nervous about the prospect of speaking with a mental health professional but as Eloise and Dr. Bethea-Walsh discuss, there is nothing to be nervous about. Your mental health professional is not looking for perfection. They simply want to make certain that both the surrogate candidate and the intended parents understand the undertaking and are ready for the realities of the journey.
Listen to learn:
- Why surrogate psychological evaluations and consultations are essential
- The primary objective of the intended parent mental health consultation
- The primary objective of the surrogate candidate evaluation
- What specifically a surrogate candidate and intended parent may expect from their respective meetings
- Why a surrogate candidate’s partner will need to be involved in the phycological evaluation process
- How these mental health consultations and screening lay the groundwork for a successful surrogacy journey