When we teach IPs about their possible pathways to parenthood, we often mention embryo adoption. There are thousands of embryos sitting in cryobanks around the country. But what happens to them if they aren’t used in IVF by their creators or adopted by other IPs in need? In this episode we answer this question along with others like, do they have a ticking clock on them in terms of viability? How does the fertility industry handle these delicate scenarios? And are there other avenues that ought to be explored – but haven’t as of yet?
Maya Grobel and Gina Davis
Maya Grobel is a California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and psychotherapist in private practice, where she specializes in supporting individuals and couples struggling to conceive or building their family in alternative ways. Maya and her TV producer husband Noah made a feature length film called One More Shot, documenting their tumultuous journey to parenthood, which ended with the birth of their daughter via embryo donation (available on Vimeo on Demand). Maya a co-founder of EM•POWER with Moxi, an educational company focused on empowering choice in embryo donation.
Gina Davis is the founder of Advocate Genetics, and a multi-state licensed, board-certified genetic counselor, who specializes in the field of reproductive medicine. Gina is also a co-founder of EM•POWER with Moxi, an education company dedicated to empowering choice and community in embryo donation. She is a mother of two via IVF and an embryo donor.
- Maya Grobel and Gina Davis on Facebook
- Maya Grobel and Gina Davis on Instagram
- Maya Grobel and Gina Davis on LinkedIn, LinkedIn
- EMPOWER with Moxi
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: The Journey Of IVF Treatment: Cramping After Embryo Transfer
- On the blog: The Truth About Single Embryo Transfer vs. Double Embryo Transfer
- On the podcast: Ep 36: Embryo Donation
- On the podcast: Ep 51: Egg Donation 101: When It Takes a Village to Start a Family
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be so grateful if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”