Despite being the most successful assisted reproductive technique, donor egg use involves complex emotions, from relief and hope to lose and grief. In navigating this uncharted territory, potential parents often grapple with feelings of guilt, jealousy, and a struggle with self-esteem and identity. Questions like “Am I less of a mother or a father because we’re using a donor’s egg?” are common. We explore the importance of addressing these feelings with professional support, remembering that love and nurturing play a larger role in child development than genetic ties alone.
I’m Eloise Drane, Founder of Family Inceptions, the first surrogacy and egg donation agency in the state of Georgia and the first Black-owned surrogacy and egg donation agency in the United States.
I created the Fertility Cafe podcast as a free resource to answer the biggest questions intended parents, egg donors, and surrogates are facing as they consider third-party reproduction.
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- On the blog: How Long Is The Egg Donation Process
- On the blog: How To Tell Your Children They Are A Product Of Donor Eggs?
- On the podcast: Ep 4 | Egg Donation 101: When It Takes a Village to Start a Family
- On the podcast: Ep 10 | How to Find Your Best Egg Donor
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be so grateful if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And, of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”