We are all very “pro family” around here, no matter what your family looks like. But we also feel it’s important to advocate for the egg donors and surrogates who are helping families become whole. In this episode, we talked to Liz Scheier, a member of the leadership team at the We Are Egg Donors advocacy group on issues she has seen be most prevalent in the egg donor community and how she hopes the fertility industry will evolve.
Liz Scheier is a 3x egg donor and sits on the leadership team of We Are Egg Donors, a global support network for current and past donors. Her 2022 memoir NEVER SIMPLE, which was chosen as an editor’s pick by the New York Times, People Magazine, Apple, and Amazon, deals in part with the experience of donating eggs.
- Liz Scheier on Facebook
- Liz Scheier on Instagram
- Liz Scheier on LinkedIn
- We Are Egg Donors
- Never Simple: A Memoire
- Learn more about our podcast: Fertility Cafe
- Learn more about our surrogacy and egg donation agency: Family Inceptions
- Learn more about independent surrogacy: Surrogacy Roadmap
- On the blog: How to Tell Your Children They are a Product of Donor Eggs
- On the podcast: Ep 48: Kellee Stewart on Fertility Awareness & Egg Advocacy
- On the podcast: Ep 59: Advocacy Groups: Highlighting Important Organizations
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
We would be so grateful if you took the time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes! And of course, don’t forget to hit that Subscribe button to have new episodes delivered straight to your feed!
Podcast Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:
“Beautiful and heartfelt conversations around family building. Can’t wait to hear more!”