Becoming an egg donor is a big decision! It’s a choice that will benefit you significantly in exchange for a minimal amount of our time, while also changing the world for a family in need.
>Click here to learn more about our Egg Donor program<
>Ready to apply to be an Egg Donor? Click here<
Perhaps the biggest part of becoming an egg donor is meeting the requirements.
In general, these include:
- Between the ages of 21 and 29
- Being able and committed to respond on time and attend all team + medical appointments
- Able and willing to administer injections yourself or have someone who can do this for you
- Have not completed more than five egg donations (donors can donate no more than six times based on the American Society of Reproductive Medicine guidelines)
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Currently attending for or completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Must be in good health
- No sexually transmitted diseases
- Must have both ovaries
- Must have regular menstrual periods
- No psychiatric illness, antidepressant medication use, or undergoing treatment for depression
- Healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) below 28
- Non-tobacco user, non-drug user, and must not be alcohol dependent
- Cannot be on or have had the Depo-Provera shot or the Implanon/Nexplanon implant for at least 12 months
- Not a carrier of the gene or genetic mutation for certain diseases or syndromes (i.e. Tay-Sachs, Sickle Cell Anemia, Cystic Fibrosis).
- Have not acquired any tattoos, piercings, or blood transfusions in the past 12 months
Family Health History
- No family history of genetic diseases
- No family history of mental illness
- Able to obtain current family medical history (parents, siblings, grandparents)
Pretty simple, right? But you’d be surprised at how many women don’t meet our strict criteria. We’ll be frank with you – we only accept 2% of the applications we receive from egg donors. We aren’t looking for average. We are looking for ELITE. So if those are the baseline requirements for any egg donor, what makes a GREAT egg donor that would be accepted into Family Inceptions’ egg donor program?
Here are our top five attributes that will make you an elite egg donor.
1. You’re Flexible
Being an egg donor means a lot of short-term notice. Once you’re ready to enter our database, you could be selected at any time. For some donors, selection can happen right away. For others, there could be weeks or months spent waiting. Once selected, however, you’ll need to have flexible availability that lines up with the intended parent’s timeline. Having fewer blackout dates makes you a better candidate.
2. You’re Responsible
Part of your egg donation journey includes making and keeping a series of doctors’ appointments. It is important for your health, as well as for the health of the eggs that you will be donating, that you’re consistent and reliable about keeping these appointments. In addition, it’s important to take your medication at the same time every day. This can greatly impact your entire process, so it’s crucial that you’re dependable in your journey.
3. You Have Integrity
And by this, we mean that you need to be an honest, trustworthy person. Intended parents are putting a lot of faith and trust in your actions. The future of their family begins with you. Being a woman of integrity, a woman with high moral standards will make you an exceptional egg donor. You’ve been entrusted with a great responsibility as an egg donor, and it’s important to recognize that.
4. You Have Excellent Communication Skills
Communication is a large part of your journey, for many reasons. First, you’ll be more desirable to intended parents if you’re able to express yourself well in your written profile. Later, once you’ve been matched, doctors will rely on your communication about how you’re feeling to help monitor your health and progress through the cycle. Finally, we will depend on your communication with us as well. Being able to communicate easily will help you in all parts of your experience.
5. You’re Motivated by Compassion
We understand that the financial implications of egg donation are appealing. We understand that, and we won’t fault you for it. But the best egg donors are the ones that are motivated by the compassion to help others. Egg donation can be a long process, and it can be emotionally challenging. If you’re motivated by a deep desire to help others grow their family, you’re far more likely to have an enjoyable experience.
So, do you think that you could be an ideal egg donor? If so, we’d love to talk with you. Get started on your life empowering journey today, by clicking here.
Wondering how much you’d be paid to be as an egg donor? Click here to view a breakdown of compensation.